Monday, November 12, 2012

October 24, 2012

This trip has been so incredible!  So much is happening in my heart that I'm not sharing on this blog.  He is teaching me so much about His love, not just for these Ugandan people, but for me.  It's been an awesome growing trip!  Today's journal entry starts off with my awe at this amazing group of people who God brought together for this mission trip.  Very few of us knew anyone else, we just all signed up and were chosen to go.    I have never been a part of such a group.  I am writing about this because the assembly of this team was a miracle too, not just all the healings we saw.  We've all been in groups of people before, and it is inevitable that there is at least one that you can't stand.  That was not true here.

We were 30+ people and every time we came together for a meal, there was no high school lunchroom style table choosing.  We were all commenting on it.  We could each just set our stuff down at any table and it was great, it didn't matter who we sat with.  The only answer to how this was possible is that God was our focus.  It says in Galatians 5:16 - "walk by the Spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh."  I have never seen that verse so clearly as I did with this group.  Every bit of our time was following the Holy Spirit, so there was no sin present among us.  We all chose to love one another and look out for one another.  If anyone was down, there was a whole team of people to come around and lift them up.  It was like being in Heaven I think.  A Kingdom community of people is the best place to be!  So much freedom and safety to just be who we are.

Today we hosted a Pastor's Conference at the compound.  That meant I didn't have much to do until later in the day.  We did prophetic booths again that day.  I had gotten a word from 2 different people prior to this that I would give out of what I knew, the Word.  So I brought my Kindle to the booth and God helped me to find verses to give to the pastors that came to our booth.  It was interesting because only one of the verses I got was a familiar one.  The rest were totally random.  The first one I read to a man made him cry, so I would say God was really speaking to me because that verse didn't seem all that profound to me, but the pastor sure got something from it.  ;)

This picture is Pastor Bob - I thought he was the most adorable man ever!  Such a huge smile all the time, so much joy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment