Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oct 21, 2012

Sunday - Today we were split into teams of 3-4 people and spread out to a bunch of little churches in the area.  I went with Lance and Brittany to Pastor Bob's church.  We were met by Sylvia, his wife, and led on a walk that took us out into the middle of nowhere where we found a "church" made up of sticks covered with tarps.

I had a chance to speak briefly here.  I gave them a word of encouragement.  I don't really look forward to public speaking, but of all the times I've done it, I'd say that this one came the easiest.  No worries.  After Lance gave his message, we prayed for people.  This time I didn't have a big team to hide in and I had to step up and be brave.  I had a line up of people asking for prayer and I went for it.  Thankfully a young man stepped in and translated for each of them so I at least knew what they were needing prayer for.  It's a strange thing here, they are so in tune with the spiritual realm that it doesn't seem odd to them when a prayer brings a healing.  There isn't always the same excitement that we would see here.  So when I would pray, the person would just turn and walk away.  I asked the translator and he would say "yes, they're healed." and just move on.  So I don't really know what to think.  Sometimes there is no doubt, when you see a person's face just light up, you really know that they got healed.  I was blown away during this prayer time when most of the children that came to me asked for wisdom or knowledge.  How cool is that?  Kids that really understand the importance of such things.


After we finished, we walked back to the place where we would meet up with the rest of our team, the same building we were at yesterday for the feeding of the kids.  Suddenly, that same little girl was standing next to me.  I guess she goes to that church.  I picked her up and sat down inside while another team finished praying for people at that church.  I was just trying to show her love again, and this time she fell asleep on my lap and drooled all over me.  : )  I'm glad she at least felt the peace.  I felt bad when it was time to leave and I had to wake her up and deposit her on the ground.  I just pray that God will continue to minister to her heart and heal whatever it is that makes her so sad.

In the evening, we went back again to meet with the teenagers of the village.  Jacob shared his testimony with them (with this really funny translator who copied his every move) and then did some healing and taught the kids to pray for each other as well.  Then we fed them each a really yummy bread roll and some tea/milk drink.  We were only planning to feed the teens, but there were so many little ones running around as well, we were glad that we ended up having enough for everyone!  






















No comments:

Post a Comment