Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oct 20, 2012

This group I am traveling with is so amazing!!  We are about 30 people - very few knew each other prior, and we have come together and had an instant connection!  Everyone here is so Kingdom minded and Holy Spirit led, there are no conflicts, no issues at all among us.  This is a beautiful and unique thing.  I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing team!  I can only imagine what kind of impact this kind of a team could have on a community if given more time.   hmmm...  :)

Today we went to "Say No to Hunger" - Show Mercy's program for feeding needy children.  We got to hang out and play with the kids for awhile, then we brought them inside the building and began handing out bowls of food.  The food came in large quantities, bowls full of rice, cabbage, and meat, piping hot and these little kids were eating it with bare hands.  The toddler sized kids ate so much more food than even I could pack away!  I guess when you don't know when your next meal is, you make it work.  : (

In this place, I met a little girl that really touched my heart.  I don't know her name, she appeared to be about 4 yrs old, she didn't speak, didn't show any kind of emotion whatsoever.  I sat her in my lap and she just stared off into space.  I just held her, trying to love on her with the love of God the best I know how.  I have no idea what she's been through, maybe she has lost her parents, maybe she's been abused.  I just sat with her and prayed over her heart, asking God to bring healing and comfort to whatever is going on inside of her.  I set her down when it was  time to go serve the food, but she followed me, so I ended up just holding her until she got her bowl of food.  So sad.  So many precious little ones with no one to care for them.  The need here is so great.  

If anyone wants to help with this awesome program, you can donate to the Say No to Hunger program over at Show Mercy International.  This is such a great opportunity to partner with this wonderful group of people and make a difference in the life of children.  Right now they can only feed a handful of children, but with more donations, they will be able to expand that program and touch more lives.  

In the afternoon, we hosted the teenaged kids from the Hope Children's Home.  During this meeting, we prayed for the baptism of the Holy Spirit to come on these kids and we were treated to a life changing time of Holy Spirit fun!!  He showed up in a big way and these kids were changed forever!  (We got to meet with them the next week and find out how much life had changed!)  After the big event, we set up prophetic booths and were able to give each kid some encouragement and words of identity and purpose.  We had prophetic art and transcribed the words that were given, so each teen got to take home something to remember this day.

Today was a day that I started to see myself doing new things.  I began to discover my place in the team.  I realized that I don't have to do things the way everyone else does, God has created me unique, and has given me my own special way of relating to Him and to others.  I began to feel comfortable doing things in my own way and not having to copy everyone else.  During the prayer time, I am never comfortable just praying for people in the traditional sense.  Today I stepped back and remembered that I am a Worship Warrior, so instead of praying, I began to sing praises over what was happening.  To give glory to God and see how He shows up, that is my gift.  It was awesome and empowering to do what I was created to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment