Sunday, November 4, 2012

Oct 19, 2012

Friday - Today started with a trip to a clinic in Wakiso.  We were told it was an HIV screening clinic, but it turned out to be a dentist. We just started chatting with different people and praying for those who wanted it.    The funniest incident was when this big lady walked up and Ruby approached her.  She was there with a toothache and was planning to have the tooth pulled.  (Without novacaine I might add)  Ruby offered to pray, and the lady kept insisting that it wouldn't work.  But after some time, she let us pray anyway.  When asked if the pain was gone, she was unwilling to answer, she just kept going on and on about whatever.  Finally we heard the answer.... "you're deceiving me, when you go, the pain will come back."  :)  So she was healed!  She was still not going to acknowledge it, so we left her, but it was pretty funny.  Wonder if she went through with the tooth pulling?

Alex picked me up right after that, so I didn't do any more at the clinic.  I got to go back to Masulita and spend the day with my brother and his family.  :)  When we reached Alex's new house, baby Elijah woke up and I held him.  If you know me at all, you know I don't hold babies normally.  Elijah is 4 months old.  For some reason, I was excited to meet him, more than any other baby I can remember.










Violet prepared a wonderful meal for us, traditional, but better than any other I've had there.  :)  And Alex remembered I like Mirinda Fruity, so he had bought one of those for me, and pineapple!!  What a perfect lunch!!








We wandered around Masulita for a bit, seeing all the growth and construction that is happening.  I was sad that I didn't get to see any of the kids that I met last time.  Some had moved away and others were on a field trip to the city.  I got to say hi to Robina, the pastor's wife who I met last time.  She is such a sweetheart.  Then Alex and I took a long walk out to see the land that has been purchased for his soccer team.  It was a beautiful spot, and Alex shared his dreams with me about what he wants to see happen here.

While I was gone, my team went to a mental hospital.  I think I am kind of glad I didn't go there, the things they saw were very disturbing.  I think something I am learning on this trip is that I'm not meant to do everything.  Situationally, God can equip me to do anything as needed, but in general, not all things are my calling.  I have always been drawn more toward ministry within the church instead of outreach / evangelism toward strangers.  I'm more relationship based I think.  Kids are easy, strangers or not, that is part of my heart for sure.  Maybe I just have more growing to do, but for now, that 's where I'm at.  I appreciated that there was no pressure, only opportunity with this group.  I had the chance to step out and sometimes I took it and sometimes I didn't.  No guilt, no condemnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment