Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oct 23, 2012

Tuesday - This week started out easier.  We are hosting a pastor's conference here at Field of Dreams.  We split up into 2 groups to go to either a school or a clinic in shifts while Chris and some of his leaders were speaking to the pastors.  I chose the school of course.  This time we took the kids to the big field down the street and played some games with them.  Duck duck goose with that big a group, and not speaking the language turned out to be pretty funny.  We just ended up with a lot of kids running in a circle, being chased by mzungus.

I watched a group of teachers sitting on a termite hill suddenly jump up all at once and run away from the hill.  I wandered over to them to see what the commotion was all about.  This is what I found.
I walked over and picked it up, which isn't something I'd normally do.  That really freaked them out!  One man asked me, "aren't they poisonous?"  to which I responded, "I don't know."  : )  Check out the brave mzungu!  LOL  I don't know why they're so scared of lizards.

No comments:

Post a Comment