Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 30 update

Just over 2 weeks to go now!  I'm both excited and nervous.  This is a pretty big ordeal.  Lots of money, lots of unknowns, lots of new things...


Alex tells me the walls are up and ready for the roof now, so this is a view from atop a ladder.  Yay!  

I am about to take the last chunk of $$ out of my retirement account on Monday so I can finish the house, get solar panels, and whatever other costs I run into during my 3 month stay.  

What can you do to partner with me in this you ask??

I need your prayers first and foremost.  My back is still not 100% and I need it to be.  I will be doing some physical labor and lots of walking and that will not be very pleasant with a tweaked out back.  Pray for safety and health.  Pray that God will connect me with people who will be a part of the team on the ground.  I am looking for "spiritual parents" to have contact points to send new believers to to help them grow in the Lord.  Pray for good connection between myself and Alex and Violet as we brainstorm and pray for what God has for us moving forward.  And of course, God will be doing some major renovations in my heart I'm sure.  He always does.

And yes, I could use some financial help as well.  I can't know for sure how much I will need to spend while I'm in Uganda, so I am looking at the possibility of returning with no money.  I have accounted for August rent already, but any other bills and expenses when I first get back will be up in the air.  I have a couple people who have sent me donations regularly, so they will at least get me thru the first week or so.  If I end up with leftover money it will just be put into the Uganda account for next time.  

  • Checks to Jessie Osborne can be mailed to 652 Almond St.  Yuba City, CA 95991
  • Paypal - Jessie Osborne or UgandanMzungu@yahoo.com
  • Facebook pay - https://www.facebook.com/BaseballGrrl
Even after I'm gone, these will get into my bank account and I can access with debit card while I'm over there if I need it. 

I'll update this blog regularly while I'm away.  Keep me bookmarked and I'll let you know what I'm up to, what needs I've run into, and more specifics on how you can pray.  

Thanks friends.  Here is one more picture, Alex tells me this is the view out my bedroom window at sunset .  Uganda does have beautiful sunrises / sunsets.  :) 




1 comment:

  1. Sure wish I could have a long talk with you. I hardly know how to handle the fact that you will be so far away, though I know it is a God thing!

    ReplyDelete