Monday, March 7, 2016

The Details

So, I just purchased my ticket to head out May 17 - Aug 3!!!  That is just over 2 months away and I'm super excited!  If anyone has ever been overseas, you might understand how I'm feeling.  Uganda is a different world.  When I was there, the US felt like a weird hazy dream, and once I returned here, Uganda felt like a weird hazy dream.  The reality of each is so different, it can be difficult to make the mental transition.  So I bought a ticket, but the reality is still not catching up.  Very strange feeling.

I've been looking at the numbers, trying to determine how much money this will take, and to give you, my friends, an idea of what is needed.  I would very much appreciate any help I can get as I head out to lay the foundations of my future.  I am willing to give everything, but I also want to give you the opportunity to sow into what God is doing.  We are a body, and we each have a part to play.  Will you ask God if He would have you partner with me?

Plane ticket ................................$1635 (paid)
House ..........................................7000
Ugandan Visa ................................100
3 months of bills here ..............,, 1500 (I am keeping my room so still have rent)
Travel shots ..................................253 (paid)
Travel Medical Ins. .....................130
Misc. expenses while abroad ......   ???

As you can see, I'm already just over $10,000 for this.  I want to have a good cushion for the unexpected and for whatever I will need for the 3 months I'm there.  I will probably need to buy water unless I can figure out a good travel filter to take with me.  The construction of the house could have additional costs, especially once they see the color of my skin.  I won't have to pay for lodging, as I will stay with Alex and Violet, but I'm sure there will be other costs along the way. I will update this as I figure out what they may be.

If you would like to donate, here are the options for now.
  • checks can be mailed to:  Jessie Osborne, 652 Almond St. , Yuba City, CA 95991
  • Facebook - there is an option in the chat window to send money directly to my account 
  • Paypal - UgandanMzungu@yahoo.com
  • Venmo - I'm currently having trouble accessing this, so hold off on this option for now.  
If you'd like to pray:
  • Safety and smooth travels
  • Health - malaria is a risk 
  • Divine connections - I hope to meet some good local people who will join my team.  
  • Wisdom - To see what I need to see and go where God wants me to go.  Dreaming sessions with my local family about what we want to see happen down the road.  General good sense while out and about in a strange world. 
  • Courage - As the only mzungu, I will be given opportunities to speak and pray for people most likely, and that can be scary for me.  This trip will stretch me in every way.  :)
  • Favor - that I won't get hit too hard with the "white tax"
  • Provision - finances to do everything and not be completely broke when I return.  A job quickly when I get back.



  

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment