Saturday, May 8, 2010

Israel & New Breed - Not Forgotten



Today I wanted to post a piece of my vision for the future.  Anyone who knows me knows that I've always loved kids, especially in the 2-5 age range.  Last time I was in Uganda, the hardest thing to see was when mothers brought their babies to us and handed them over saying simply, "take home?"  It was heartbreaking.  So much love these mothers had for their babies.  They knew that they could not provide well enough for their kids, so they were willing to sacrifice to give the kid a better life.  Obviously we couldn't just take these precious infants home in our suitcases, but I know we all wanted to.  

That said, I know that I have to create some sort of home for kids when I live in Uganda.  In the US, we have systems in place to take care of kids who lose their parents.  Not so in too many other places.  At first I thought of doing a school, but now I am feeling more like a home is the best thing.  I don't want to use the word orphanage, I don't want that label stuck on anyone.  God has offered to adopt us all, and I want to share that wonderful news with any kids who come into my life who don't have parents.  I want to have a non-orphanage in Uganda.  A place where children can learn that God knows their name, they are not forgotten.  :)

2 comments: