Thursday, May 27, 2010

10 Days to go!

The time is getting nearer.  For those of you who want to know - I'll post my basic schedule on here.

June 7 - fly out of Seattle in the evening
June 8 - land in London around lunchtime - 9 hr layover to play - fly out at night
June 9 - Land in Entebbe, Uganda in the morning

First week in Uganda is unsure location now.  There have been bad rains that have destroyed the roads, so we won't be going to our original destination.  I believe we'll be spending about a week in each location from here on out.  Our actual mission work will begin on June 11.
June 18 will find us in Masaka - I went here last time too.
June 25 - Soriti - never been there
June 29 - to Sseguku, the home base - we'll be here for the remainder of our time
July 11 - Finals of the World Cup = final day of mission camps
July 12 - Safari -- this may or not be happening now.  I hope so, but finances have been tight for everyone.

July 16 - Fly out in the morning - arrive 4pm London

From there - I'm not solid yet.  I'm trying to change my return date to the 19th.  As it sits now, I am scheduled to fly in the 26th.  I need that extra week back at work, and I don't need to stay in London for a week.

Please be praying that all the details work out here, I'm a little up in the air right now, and if I get the change, I'll be flying home alone.  That's not too bad when coming into Seattle, it would be much worse if I was trying to do it to another country.

Finances are a bit tight right now.  I need to do well at my yard sale to be comfortable.  I have the trip money, and my bills are covered as far as I can tell, it's just the transition back, getting back to work and being able to  cover the next set of bills that will come in.   God is good, and He's always provided for me in the past, so I'm positive that He will continue to do so.  :)

1 comment: