Monday, May 31, 2010

I fly out in a week!

The clock is ticking....  Last week before I leave, lots to do, details to finalize...  I bought 2 big suitcases at thrift stores today, hopefully they're enough.  I found out I will be staying in London a couple days on my own at the end of my trip, so I'm surfing the 'net looking for what to do while I'm there.

I'm so ready to just be in Uganda already!  I have 2 more days of work and lots of little things to take care of.  Checking and double checking my finances is getting annoying.  Guessing at how much my paychecks will be for the last couple weeks of work.  I received about $900 this weekend between the yard sale and a couple generous friends / family.  :)  God is amazing in showing me how He can provide so far outside my realms of possibility.  I believe I am set now for all my traveling expenses.  :)

I am very much at peace as I head into my trip.  Some may find it scary to go to Africa, but I'm not scared.  Yes, there is danger, but I know God has called me, so what do I have to fear?  I sprained my ankle last friday, and I need my feet to do a sports based mission.  I am confident that it will heal up in time.  What God asks us to do, He provides for.  I believe it.  I may feel a little stress at working all these details out, but not much.  Mostly just because of my obsessive need to have all my ducks in a row.  Always learning to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment