Sunday, July 18, 2010

London Day 2

Woke up with my knee still screaming with every step.  But I headed into town.  Nothing is open at 8am.  I got breakfast at McDonald's.  I know, I know.... but it's cheap and familiarish.  I swung thru Buckingham Palace and then headed for the Museum of Natural History.  Yuck.  Filled with so much mumbo jumbo "science" propaganda.  I got out of there fairly quick.  Tried the Victoria & Albert museum.  I only did the Europe section - old Catholic artifacts.  They just either amused me or disgusted me so I moved on again.  Thankfully those were both free museums. 

I headed toward the theatre where I'd seen the Lion King was playing (the stage production, not the movie)  :)  I got in on a standing room ticket for only £13.50!!  That's about $20!!  Wow!  So after walking around from 8-3, I stood up for 2 1/2 hrs.  It was totally worth it!  What a beautiful production!!  I was annoyed by little Simba's overly British accent, but otherwise it was great!!  Rafiki and Nala were my favorites I think.  Rafiki was a real South African woman and she did it very well.  This was a wonderful end to my African adventure!!  :)  I'd like to see it again though, in America.  : P

Time is up.  Tomorrow I fly out.  I leave here at 3 and arrive in Seattle at 4:45.   A nice short ...... 9 1/2 hr flight.  :(  With a stiff knee?  I hate these long flights, and the movies of this month I've already seen or they don't interest me.  But what else is there to do for that long??  Try to sleep. 

See y'all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment