Friday, July 16, 2010

Goodbye Africa :(

It was very sad yesterday flying out of Uganda.  I just don't want to leave there.  We had a wonderful 5 weeks, we saw amazing numbers and God did a lot of things in me personally.

 I was hoping to write more blogs on here from my journal once I got home to faster and more frequent internet use, but my journal got stolen in Kampala about a week ago, so not going to happen.  I will be posting pictures when I get home, adding to the old posts, and then maybe adding some new ones if my pictures spark a story. 

The safari the last couple days was awesome!  If you know me - you know I love big kitties!  Last time I was there I got to see a leopard up close and personal, and that was awesome, but I had no camera at the time.  :(  This time we were hoping to see lions, and on our first game drive we found a lioness with 2 cubs sitting under a bush with a fresh kill.  They were sooooo beautiful!  We got within 15 yrds of her and just watched.  Then.... the evening game drive, we'd just gone a little ways down the road when we saw a male lion right along side the road!!  Then, as we watched him, 2 more walked across the road and joined him!!!  That was so incredibly cool!  As I saw the one that was walking straight towards me, I said it awe "Aslan is on the move."  The male lion is the coolest animal ever!  So beautiful, yet so terrifying.  I think CS Lewis picked right.  The awe and the beauty of God is so clearly represented in him.

Now I am in London, I have 2 more nights here.  I was hoping to be able to walk to the tube from the hotel and travel into town, but it looks like I have to take the hotel hopper bus back and forth and it's £7 round trip - which is about $12 I think.  :(  Plus the tube price which I don't know yet.  I hope to go to St. Paul's Cathedral today, then walk around the river walk to see the Eye of London, maybe ride it, Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey....  Lots of cool stuff in that area.  Then tomorrow I want to go to the natural history museum.  At least it's free.  We'll see.  I think I'll be lonely, but I'm happy enough just walking around looking at old architecture and taking pictures, so hopefully I'll kill the time. 

My hotel room has a tv, but there isn't much on.  I ended up watching Friends last night.  :P  I will say it's nice to have a hot shower, real bed, and sink water I can brush my teeth in.  It's been a long time.  Although in Africa a cold shower really isn't a horrible thing.  :)

I fly into America on Monday, I'll be back in Wenatchee on tuesday.  I have no cell phone anymore, I'll update y'all with new info when I get a new phone.  Chau!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment