Sunday, March 28, 2010

Preparing to fly

I am creating this blog with the intention of communicating my plans and travels to Uganda. I am leaving June 7 for almost 2 months in Uganda during the World Cup soccer championships that are being held in South Africa. A group of us will be doing soccer camps in 4 villages and showing a game each night. This will be my 2nd trip to Uganda. I'm not sure how much internet time I will have, so I wanted to create a place where all who are interested could read any updates I am able to send during my time away.

About 3 years ago I believe that God called me to long term missions in Uganda. This came as a shock as I never had any desire to do anything of the sort, but when the call came, so did the excitement for it. I have been preparing for this particular trip since that time, and I have plans to move there in the near future. Basically I just have to finish paying off debt, save/ raise the money, and head south. :)

My basic idea was to do baseball camps, and also maybe some other sports. Baseball is my passion, so I want to bring that to the people of Uganda, but as most of you know, that isn't the ultimate goal. The baseball will provide a pathway for relationships to be built. From that place, I can share God's love and life with people who may never have seen it before. Ultimately I want to have a place where people can come for worship every day. Worship is another huge passion of mine, through music, rhythm, and dance. I want to establish a force in the nation of Uganda, an army of worship warriors plowing through for breakthrough and freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment